This European Social Fund project is being undertaken with Plymouth University. It is a research-based pilot project based in four contrasting landscapes around Cornwall. The aims of the project are:
- To ascertain differences in how rural landscapes are perceived within the rural landscapes themselves and in neighbouring towns.
- To understand the barriers which prevent residents accessing local landscapes.
- To make recommendations on how these barriers can be overcome to create positive social and health benefits.
- To investigate differences in people’s perceptions of different landscape types.
- To find the locations of people’s favourite views, and why they are popular.